december - the rainy season
Just a day earlier, my kid brother sms'd of his new job starting on 1st December. It was a joyous moment for him and his family as he has been 'in-between-job' for the more than a year now. Our mom and dad are also happy for him; so am I and our other siblings.
Today, a phone call turned the celebration mood into a sad day for all of us. AyahNgah passed away peacefully while travelling from his home in Kuantan to 'balik kampung' to visit my mom and his other siblings in Besut. Husain bin Mahmud is sixty years old this year according to my mother, his eldest sister. Although he has had a mild heart attack over a year ago, he has not had any illness since then. So, naturally the news of his passing came as a shock to everyone. innalilahi wa'inna illahirojiun.... and al-fatihah. This blogentry is in AyahNgah's memory, a swell uncle.
A reflection on our whole life when we experience one that ends. AyahNgah's departure ~ tho i tried hard not to ~ got my mind and memory to wander to yesteryears. Of happy thoughts and sad moments; of joy and agony and of celebration and mourning. Life is indeed too short and passes by too quickly.
Everytime I turn my head, a little boy that I used to carry around on my back has turned into an opiniated teenager! This time around its my nephew Fadhil.... I still see him as the six-year old who drink his milk from the bottle. But reality check, he will be sitting for his PMR soon! (that makes him 15!!!) I guess it matters not much, but it does ring a bell and prompt me of how slow I am and how quick the time move away.
Slow? Yeah slow.... my mind and my heart still remain at ten years ago - at least! Feel and think like I am still a yuppy and could still be hype - along with the hyped teenagers!
2004 is indeed 20 years ahead of 1984......
p/s: this is a mirror posting from my other blog...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home